Endesa Electric Bill

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Hi,

Anyone got an email or phone number for someone in Endesa who speaks English, I am trying to get my electric bill paid and electric back on. I have tried the numbers on their website but no one speaks English and there is no email from their site. I have even had a Spanish freind call them but they where told that because UK postecodes have 6 digits and Spanish 5 they could not send a bill to my UK address as they could not fill out the form. Very frustrating especially as I want give them money.

Thanks. 

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2010 1:20 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The only way I have managed to contact them is by registering on their website for their online services which also allows you to view bills. I have mailed them several times in the past in English and have received replies in Englsh, although it does take a few days.

I can also confirm that Endesa will send your bills to a UK address. Mine have been coming here for 2 years now and my latest arrived on Saturday.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 8:45 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

Hello Marksfish,

can you tell me how you got over the problem of entering a phone number when registering on the website?  The space has enough characters for a Spanish number and doesn't appear to recognise an English number throws you out before you can register. 

any help would be much appreciated,

Hosilverlining

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 9:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have a Spanish SIM and I think I used that. Why not make up  number? start it with 950 (I know that is a valid code), then add 6 more numbers. You canalways edit your details after registering.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2011 9:47 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

Thanks Marksfish, we don't have spanish SIM but will give the cheat method a go,

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 1:13 PM by gjorgen Star rating in Benalmadena. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, I have had similar frustrating experinces with Endesa and also Iberdrola, but I just found something that looks like a good alternative.

It is one of the new energy suppliers and their name is Evergreen Electrica. They send invoices in english and have english speaking staff. Changing to them was easy and everything was handled in the internet and with the phone. So far I am quite impressed with the level and kindness of service they offer. They are located in Fuengirola at the Costa del Sol, but according to their website they can supply electricity in the whole of Spain. I will get back with more info, when I get my first bill from them :-)

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 2:22 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Redsam

Could you not get your Spanish friend to drop into thier local office and sort it out.

The Endesa office is situated in Los Boliches behind the YARAMAR hotel on the street that runs parallel to the Sea-front.

They operate on a ticket system, tickets are given out at 9 to the queue, best get there at 8. After siesta from 4 - 7 they only deal with reconnections

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 5:08 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I think they issue 40 numbers in the morning and 20 in the evening.

Bring a good book - you'll need it .................

and don't forget all documentation and passport etc

Team GB says get there 1 hour early to queue in the street and then maybe expect to wait another 3 hours and then to be dealt with by an unhelpful individual.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 5:25 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Faro

I can only speak as I find, I had cause to go to said office the other week and yes I got there at 8 was about the sixth person to arrive, was given a ticket at 9 and entered the building at 9-30. I was finished and out by 10 after seeing a very pleasant and helpful young lady.

Maybe Sevillana on a good day

Like 0      
29 Jun 2011 5:37 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Team GB - only 2 hours not bad!

The pleasant and helpful depends on the time you are served and whether or not they have had their desayuno or if getting hungry for lunch and needing their siesta!

It's always hard to judge how early to go to get in and out quicker when it does open. The problem is I rarely get there too early and hence the 3 hour wait.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 5:28 PM by bebopdebob Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

In the dealings I had with Endessa when I owned a place near Aguilas I can honestly say that they are the most useless. mismanaged and enfuriating company I have ever had to deal with in my life althoughTelefonica came a close second.

I know someone who managed to get through to them at 4.58pm one afternoon after trying for several days to get someone to answer the phone. Two minutes into the conversation the operative put the phone down because it was the end of his working day. The staff could not understand why the next morning they had an extremely angry customer waiting at the door to geet them.

This is typical of Spain and you need a great deal of patience to live here.

I have moved to the Costa Blanca North where I now deal with Iberdrola. After a tricky start I'm now registered on the web site and they send me an e-mail alert as the bills come in. I go on line, download my bill, pay it over the internet, great!

So, Iberdrola is one company I know in Spain that operates in the 21st century. Are there others?

Telefonica is still as useless though. The company is run by idiots.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 5:53 PM by bebopdebob Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Here is a true story I overheard between a retired gentleman from Norway and the assistant in the Telefonica office a while ago.

Customer.
I am moving to a new address 100 meters from my present address. Can I arrange to have the telephone connected and use my present telephone number.

Assistant.
No problem, do you have your contract.

Customer.
Yes here it is but its very old.

Assistant.
Do you have your passport.

Customer.
Here it is.

Assistant.
The passport number is different from the one on the contract.

Customer.
That's because the contract is 28 years old and I have had 3 passports in that time.

Assistant.
Well, we need the passport with the same number as on the contract or you have to sign a new contract with a new telephone number.

At this point I realised I could be queing for sometime and left.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 6:38 PM by willow Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

If you look on their website their head office is in Fuengirola, so we
went into Fuengirola today to find them and to have a chat.

Eventually found Edificio 1 in the Plaza de Hispanidad which is quite close to
the Feria ground. No signs outside the building to indicate the presence of
Evergreen, but as there was a cleaner in the reception I got in the building
and went up to the fourth floor. Found room 4B. locked , no signage and no
response to the bell (approx 11.30 a.m.)

Went back to the entrance hall. Spoke to the cleaner, she didn't speak any
english but I had the impression she'd never heard of Evergreen. There was a
set of mail boxes in reception. The one for 4B had the name of a different
organisation stuck on it.

All very mysterious. May be that this address is simply the legally registered
address and they actually operate elsewhere but even so you'd expect to see
some signage.

on checking the web-site it does imply that this is their head office and they
have several sales offices including Malaga.

Alternative contacts are by post, telephone or email. I tried to send an
email, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to go. This might be because they
don't give an email address, you have to fill in their contact form.
Has any one actually visited their office in Fuengirola?

Like 0      
05 Jul 2011 12:47 PM by gjorgen Star rating in Benalmadena. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Willow - they have their office where you were in office 4B. I was there monday to deliver some paperwork for a friend. It is not that easy to find as the signs in the buildings are not very easy to find and companies are not allowed to put up signs, I think. They dont have their name at the door, which is not very convincng.

The office is not that big, but everybody was friendy and helpful. The door has no handle outside, so you have to press the bell to make them open the door. I actually dont find that that mysteroius. Servcie was very professionel but their office is clearly not designed for people to pop in - their idea must be to handle as much business as possible with the phone and the internet.

Did you try to call them ? That worked very well for me. Still havent received any invoice - will let you know if they keep their promises.

Jorgen

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 10:53 AM by pegeen Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Jorgen, I have just read your forum message dated the July 2011 about Evergreen Electrica. You mention that at that point you hadn't yet received an invoice.

Did you eventually receive one? Arer you still with them? Have they lived up to their promises? Have you found any info on them as a corporation/company and who they are exactly?

Thank you Peggy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aureus development - 2 posts
Second Hand Furniture Needed - Orihuela Costa! - 0 posts
Second Hand Furniture Needed - Orihuela Costa! - 0 posts
Night driver - 0 posts
Worldwide weekend of free WiFi with Skype Access - 0 posts
golf holiday - 0 posts
Urgent help required re-Spanish rental law - 5 posts
light garnden work or oddjobs or need a driver - 0 posts
Great News - 56 posts
Various items for sale - 0 posts
Telephone NOT Disconected - 2 posts
Terminal 2 & 3 Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Small Spanish car wanted... - 0 posts
L.I.V.E - Spain Charity supporting Malaga Orphanage needs items - 9 posts
Terra Sana in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Patio doors - replace / repair - 1 posts
Van coming to Spain - 2 posts
Jumilla/Pinoso area - just had villa built - 1 posts
Market Friday April 2 - Hipodromo, Mijas Costa in aid of CUDECA - 0 posts
Channel Five HD on Sky this summer....? - 2 posts
Videos on Threads? - 4 posts
Golf courses struggling and facing closure - 23 posts
Developer not paying community fees on unsold units - 2 posts
If the site looks a bit wonky... - 6 posts
Free market for electricity - do we need to do anything? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x