L.I.V.E - Spain Charity supporting Malaga Orphanage needs items

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The following was posted on the Ecademy site by Keith Spitalnick:

L.I.V.E, the ex-pat charity is launching a 2010 wish list appeal to support the Malaga Childens Home.

The children of La Ciudad de los Ninos have been rescued by the local authority from all manner of abuse. There are more than 50 resident children in the Home with another one hundred street children, aged between 4 and 18 years old, simply abandoned on the streets of the nearby shanty town for whom the Home also provides a safe haven.

We are delighted that so many people want to support our cause and the response we had to the Christmas appeal was overwhelming. These children have so very little of their own and we need to send a strong signal to these boys and girls that despite the difficult financial times we all find ourselves in, someone still cares about them and the help doesn't just stop after Christmas.

Thats why we're hoping to raise donations of the following much needed items:

* Boys shoes, sizes 38-45

* Rucksacks or suitcases (lightweight, not with wheels) for when they leave

* Flip flops for in the showers, sizes 39-45

* Hair-clippers

* Toiletry sets

Food

* Oil - olive or sunflower

* Chocolate spread

* Coca cao, hot chocolate

* Large tins of tuna

* Frozen food i.e. fish, meat, chicken (No pork products please)

* Other non-perishable foods

Drop off points for donation of goods are indicated below.

Drop off points:

CURRENCIES DIRECT OFFICE
Plaza de las Orquideas,
29660 Nueva Andalucia.

BLACK CAT BAR
Las Postas Commercial Centre
Calahonda
Mijas Costa

OFFEX MAIL SERVICE
Marbella Business Centre
29600 Elviria

METRO RESTAURANT
Puerto Banus

Restaurant VISTA DEL MAR
Urbanization Miraflores (Beach Side), Ctra. de Cadiz Km 199, 29649 Mijas Costa

PAPELERIA CRISTINA'S
Cta de Cartama L1
Alhaurin el Grande

TALK RADIO EUROPE
Centro Comercial La Colonia
San Pedro de Alcántara

IBEX INSURANCE
Local 3, Centro Comercial Benavista, Crta de Cádiz 167, 29688 Málaga

Or you can contact your local L.I.V.E branch by clicking here

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Nov 2014 6:02 PM by JoJo225 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello!

I am interested in volunteering opportunities with L I V E or any Orphanage in or close to Malaga.

Please contact me if you have anything available.

Thank you!

Jo

Like 0      
22 Dec 2015 3:27 PM by jnull Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hello,

Are there any volunteer opportunities for our month stay in Malaga this summer. We would like to do some type of service while we're vacationing on our own. We will be there June 8-July 14. 

Thanks!

Jackie

Like 0      
04 Aug 2017 10:58 AM by Mulsaane Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

A gala dinner is being held shortly and a raffle has been organised with proceeds going to needy causes.

we would want to donate items that we can purchase with the proceeds and present them to orphanages or similar

organisations, can someone please contact me asap.    The gala dinner is for over 200 people and raffle tickets sold could amount to a large sum.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2017 2:04 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have no idea if things have changed but 16 years ago I visited La Cuidad de Los Niños, in company with a Spanish former teacher and local council officer, and a former UK Government bankruptcy accountant. I had been given to understand that the centre was an orphanage. I was intending to donate up to 50% of a sum required to up-grade the facilities,  after which it was claimed the Junta de Andalusia would adopt the centre and pay all costs. I intended to fund raise the remainder of the sum  said to be required.

Upon three visits and talking to one of the three priests on the staff (the priest in charge was not available as he was staying, at the expense of a parishioner, at a luxury spa near Granada).  it transpired no orphans lived there. There were a few children from poor Malaga families staying during the week but returning to their families at weekends.

The majority of youths there when I enquired were those who had been brought in off the streets by police to be assessed before moving them into more suitable permanent accommodation.

The assessment program required a high number of staff/teachers etc. far higher than would have been required by a normal orphanage, and thus the staff bill was very high.

When I visited I noticed a couple of mini buses bearing the slogan that they had been donated by a well-known real estate agent on the coast. When I enquired into the gift I discovered that the existing transport had been put in part exchange and the Real Estate Company had paid only part of the cost. On discussing that with the real estate company they altered the ‘misleading’ slogan

On balance I decided it was not what it was said to be and I did not donate nor start fund raising.

As I say, things may have changed over the past 16 years, so I stand to be up-dated

This message was last edited by johnzx on 05/08/2017.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 10/08/2017.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2018 4:16 PM by christineinseville Star rating in Pruna (Seville) and .... 25 posts Send private message

What is the charity number? I cannot find it. And the LIVE link just goes to a generic tourism in Spain site.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Terra Sana in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Patio doors - replace / repair - 1 posts
Van coming to Spain - 2 posts
Jumilla/Pinoso area - just had villa built - 1 posts
Market Friday April 2 - Hipodromo, Mijas Costa in aid of CUDECA - 0 posts
Channel Five HD on Sky this summer....? - 2 posts
Videos on Threads? - 4 posts
Golf courses struggling and facing closure - 23 posts
Developer not paying community fees on unsold units - 2 posts
If the site looks a bit wonky... - 6 posts
Free market for electricity - do we need to do anything? - 2 posts
Happy San Patrick´s day - 2 posts
Applying for a Spanish passport - 23 posts
skamper ramps for dogs sarety around the pool this summer. - 0 posts
Handing back the keys to the bank - 4 posts
pushbikes - 2 posts
Cedula de habitacion - 3 posts
Ireland Spain furniture moving - 1 posts
New Golf course Gran alacant - 0 posts
A right old mess....please help! - 3 posts
mary poppins - 1 posts
Hola - 1 posts
It's Really Not That Long - 4 posts
cala la real in Jaen Province - 14 posts
Big claims in favour of consumers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x