Free market for electricity - do we need to do anything?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Roo Star rating in Southport/La Canada. 59 posts Send private message

Our supplier is Iberdrola and we have heard that unless we contact them (or another supplier) and sign up for a new 'free market' tariff before October 2010, we will be cut off.  And the same source says that if we don't sign up, we will be charged an extra 5% in April and May and an extra 20% in June.... on the other hand, our solicitor's website says we don't need to do anything - they say you only have to register if you want to go onto the free market tariff, or if your consumption is over 10kw (factories, shops etc) and they recommend that we sit tight for the time being..... we are very confused - we don't want to be cut off!! Does anyone have the difinitive answer?

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 2:44 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Roo - I got all these mixed messages too so I phoned Iberdrola and was told that you only need to contact them if you are over 10kw - but they then offered me a choice of two deals.  One was to fix the rate for a year and the other was to go onto Off-Peak - I chose the latter but it would depend on your circumstances which was better for you. 

I must say they were very pleasant and helpful on the phone and you can ask for someone who speaks english if you need this.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2010 6:17 PM by mcdona Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Happy San Patrick´s day - 2 posts
Applying for a Spanish passport - 23 posts
skamper ramps for dogs sarety around the pool this summer. - 0 posts
Handing back the keys to the bank - 4 posts
pushbikes - 2 posts
Cedula de habitacion - 3 posts
Ireland Spain furniture moving - 1 posts
New Golf course Gran alacant - 0 posts
A right old mess....please help! - 3 posts
mary poppins - 1 posts
Hola - 1 posts
It's Really Not That Long - 4 posts
cala la real in Jaen Province - 14 posts
Big claims in favour of consumers - 0 posts
Help narrowing down sabbatical location + long term rentals in Andalucia? - 5 posts
Trust Funds - 0 posts
End of Easyjet Credit Card - 9 posts
inheritance tax - 6 posts
President - 19 posts
air conditioning repairs - 2 posts
A Riddle - 3 posts
Are there Pet Crematoriums in Murcia area? - 1 posts
Alboran apts Benalmadena - 0 posts
Clock Changes -"Spring Forward" - 1 posts
Ingofersa - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x