Help narrowing down sabbatical location + long term rentals in Andalucia?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by kkm9 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, there.

I'm writing (from California) to help my friend (in Boulder, Colorado) who is not internet-savvy.  She & her husband are seeking a sabbitical rental for 2 for about 6 months from January to June of 1011 somewhere in the Province of Malaga or Granada or possibly Almeria.  I would say 'house', but preliminary research here shows me the choices would seem to be 'Cave Houses' and 'Villas'--I don't think she'd want the isolation of a 'finca'.  Townhomes with decent patios/balconies and nice community feel considered, but not preferred.  Tho I know she'd love to be near the ocean, I can see it's become an expensive, ugly zoo right on the coast, so will be inquiring re: options somewhat inland.

I've become overwhelmed by the plethora of both villages and agencies serving rentals in the area and wonder if any here could help me help them narrow down some options.  I'd like to list things I know they'd want and ask for suggestions of villages and/or ethical rental resources to fit those locations.

RE: Location

• If possible, within 30 minute drive or train ride from ocean--closer the better (Is Mojacar realistic?)
  • White village with warm people, both Spanish and English speaking
  • Access to train service leading to points north (ie: Barcelona)
  • Ideally, within walking distance (or short drive) to village or town center

RE:  Amenities

• Hi-speed Internet for husband's research work
  • One queen or king sized bed
  • Pool, patio and/or ocean view if possible/affordable--some pleasant outside space
  • Satellite TV to keep connected to USA news

I know I've left out 'how much do they want to spend', but as you can imagine, *my* question is:  Within what *general* price range would it be possible to find such a rental?  To plan ahead they need to know how much to budget.

Thank you to anyone who has helpful ideas and information to offer.  

Karen

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 10:35 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Two typical villages that come to mind are Mijas and Frigiliani and both are within easy reach of Malaga City where you can pick up all the trains your want and even be in Madrid on the fast AVE in about 2 1/2 hours.

There's no shortage of rentals here at the moment.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 11:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Karen, welcome to EOS.

Lots of long term rentals listed on the site here which you can take a look at:

Long term rentals Spain

Best of luck.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Mar 2010 1:33 PM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hello K aren,

** EDITED - Advertising **

Regards

BERNARD LYON

CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 15/03/2010.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 8:36 AM by Malvina Property Services Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

Malvina Property Services´s avatar

We have just spent a week in a beautiful two bedroomed villa above Frgliana, with its own pool, very quiet but only a few minutes drive fom Frigliana and ten minutes from the coast. I would recomend that area for a "Sabatical"  We live on the costa del sol in Marbella.

John

Like 0      
17 Mar 2010 6:57 PM by kkm9 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Just a note to say thank you to those who have responded so far.  I am forwarding your replies to my friend.

Best wishes,

Karen

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trust Funds - 0 posts
End of Easyjet Credit Card - 9 posts
inheritance tax - 6 posts
President - 19 posts
air conditioning repairs - 2 posts
A Riddle - 3 posts
Are there Pet Crematoriums in Murcia area? - 1 posts
Alboran apts Benalmadena - 0 posts
Clock Changes -"Spring Forward" - 1 posts
Ingofersa - 1 posts
For Sale : LANDROVER DISCOVERY 2003 TD5 - 0 posts
who owns my spanish mortgage? - 5 posts
Problem with Google....? - 10 posts
Which Sky ppv channels on 90cm dish - 1 posts
Do some threads get deleted? - 1 posts
IFOR WILLIAMS BOX TRAILER FOR SALE - 0 posts
Business Premises - 9 posts
eyespyspain@aweber.com - 47 posts
Gestoria / Asesor in Granada - 1 posts
Data Protection - 4 posts
water sealant - 7 posts
Laptop for sale - 0 posts
Help - Vodfone Dongle, SKY, Laptop, Skype etc - 3 posts
Recommendation for LOCKSMITH in CAPLE, Alicante - 0 posts
Spain Dreams, legit? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x