opening a bank account in spain

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi I am moving to majorca for 6 months in april, i was wondering what bank i am best opening an account with.. i was thinking stantander?? i will be needing it to transfer money from my UK account, not large amounts. Look forward to your opinions

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:07 PM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar

Hi

On the costa blanca there are Barclays and Halifax branches. Santander is good but you would probably get charged about 20gbp to transfer from UK to Spain. I am not sure about Majorca if they have these banks. If you are not tranferring large amounts then initially I would recommend changing gbp to euro when the rate is good and bring a large sum.

Regards

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:13 PM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

ok thanks alot for your reply. i was thinking that myself but iwget worried incase it gets stolen.x

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:23 PM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar

Rach

Just try and be careful and put it in a satchel bag under a big cardi or coat on top.

Regards

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:49 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

A nationwide flex account would be a safer way of keeping money. You can draw out money as you need it. You would be charged the rate on the day however, they do not make any charges for their services. I have an account and am very happy with the way it works. You can deal with most matters on line as well. Kevin

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:51 PM by rach123 Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

ok, can i open one while over here in the UK?? Also, will i just need my passport to get one...thansk for your help

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 4:55 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Its a UK account so yes. Passport and utility bill seems to be the norm for opening accounts nowadays. Nationwide staff are really helpful and friendly and I'm sure they will help you make the right choice to make sure you get what you want. Just a happy customer. Kevin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Kwiksave supermarket - 2 posts
Buying & Owning a car for a non-resident - 62 posts
Anybody Buying in St Javier area. - 1 posts
Kimo - 0 posts
Sun - 1 posts
prices in the local supermarket, APARTMENT IN BARCELONA CENTRE BY OWNER, food - 2 posts
washing machines - 3 posts
Floods in Manilva - 12 posts
Spanish registered vehicles wanted - 0 posts
Telefonica finally available in English - 5 posts
Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ... - 11 posts
Internet again - 5 posts
A resale purchase - 0 posts
Apple I Mac for Sale. 2 months old. - 1 posts
problem with powder coated railings - 1 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 8th March 2010 - 3 posts
damage from above - 0 posts
semana santa - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x