Telefonica finally available in English

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by benalsun Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all, I came across this article in the Barcelona reporter whilst trawling through the news, customer service and itemised bills in English, adios Telefonica!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 11:10 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

What article??

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 2:34 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi

Please supply the article

Thanks

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 2:53 PM by benalsun Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Telefonica is finally available in English

Telefonica line rental, customer services & itemised phone bills are now all available in English, due to the deregulation of landlines in Spain. Thanks to the CMT (Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciónes), they have now made it possible for Spanish consumers to switch their telecom provider and allow other multilingual operators to manage their Telefonica line rental. So, if you’ve experienced poor customer service in the past or feel that your telephone bills are far too high, maybe it's time to switch your landline provider!

Movifresh and Dial Direct Telecom, leading providers of low-cost calls and ADSL internet access in Spain, have recently jointly launched their DTOneBill online service. This new service not only allows Spanish consumers to enjoy customer services and technical support in their own chosen language, but also offers much cheaper calls with no connection charge. Calls to the UK for example, cost just 3.3 cents a minute and in addition, extra services, such as itemised billing, caller ID, call waiting and call divert are all completely free of charge.

James Michael, spokesperson for Movifresh explain´s how it all works, "we have made something normally difficult, very, very simple, because everything is done for you, there’s no need for the consumer to call their present or new provider, the phone calls, the paperwork and the language barrier is all taken care of for you.
Consumers can switch providers securely on the internet online, in the comfort of their own home. There is no need to be in Spain at the time of doing so and no need whatsoever to visit Spanish speaking phone shops. Switching to the DTOneBill service online is also very simple, the one off line transfer fee charged by Telefonica costs just 10 euros and you even get to keep your existing Telefonica phone number, he adds".

Movifresh is an appointed representative of CMT (Comisión del Mercado de las Telecomunicaciónes) regulated operators in Spain.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 6:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

THIS is where the previous poster saw it.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 09/03/2010.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2010 2:34 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Firstly, I don't think this is so new, it's been available for some time - there are plenty of alternative providers, albeit not so many English speaking ones, but I think it's misleading to say "Telefonica in English" since the way I understand it, you would be switching provider, i.e. no longer contracting services direct from Telefonica. Opinions are divided on what this means in practice. On the one hand, Telefonica are notoriously crap at providing any semblance of customer service; on the other hand, you're still going to be using their infrastructure, and when the sh1t hits the proverbial, guess who's customers will get priority? Better the devil you know? Anyway, "Telefonica line rental, customer services & itemised phone bills are now all available in English", as I see it, line rental doesn't really come in one language or another, an itemised phone bill (which you get from Telefonica) is basically a list of numbers, which again, translate pretty well in to most languages, and Telefonica do actually have an English speaking customer service department and have had for years.

Secondly, and don't take this the wrong way because I've actually used Direct Telecom for years, but why am I a tad sceptical of a new member's first post when it basically appears to be a commercial plug? Call me a cynic if you like - whatever, welcome to the forum, James oops, Benalsun!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cleveland golf clubs for sale - 0 posts
3-4 bed unfurnished townhouse/house long-term rental wanted Estepona/Manilva area - 10 posts
Learn Spanish - 0 posts
What is a Certificado de Prescripcion Responsabilidades Urbanistica? - 5 posts
Ryanair Staff Abuse Policy - 12 posts
Ross Legal Services - 1 posts
I am looking for a team of builders on the Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Just because I'm in a slightly daft mood ... - 11 posts
Internet again - 5 posts
A resale purchase - 0 posts
Apple I Mac for Sale. 2 months old. - 1 posts
problem with powder coated railings - 1 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 8th March 2010 - 3 posts
damage from above - 0 posts
semana santa - 1 posts
Empty Van Returning to UK 26th March - 0 posts
Residency: Pros and cons? - 10 posts
market stall - 7 posts
SKY+ BOX WITH FREEVIEW CARD - 8 posts
Spanish Language Immersion Courses - 3 posts
what is a ferreterias??? - 7 posts
Ryanair Flights to Granada Airport - 1 posts
moving to majorca the end ov April - 0 posts
Moving to Majorca in april ( santa ponsa) - 3 posts
Blogger.com blogs are being redirected to de-player.com - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x