Ryanair Flights to Granada Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by raileng Star rating. 70 posts Send private message

Hi,

I contacted Ryanair yesterday to enquire why the service from Liverpool to Granada was not showing flight details and prices during the summer months as it had done in recent weeks.

I was informed by customer services that Ryanair have a dispute (allegedly) with Granada Airport Authority and have cancelled flights there after May. I was informed this included Liverpool and Stansted, I do not know if other airports that Ryanir fly to Granada from are included?

For anyone using the Granada service, lets hope it gets resolved?

Regards,

Raileng

Like 0      
09 Mar 2010 12:51 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi,

It's not just Liverpool and Stansted; Barcelona (Girona) and Madrid flights have been pulled as well. Indeed it looks as if only the Granada- Italy flights to Milan (Bergamo) and Bologna are going to survive.

The most likely reason is that Granada Airport and City Council are not responding to Ryanairs blackmail on landing fees and priority treatment.

Monarch pulled their Granada -Gatwick flights back in 2007 after they were shouldered out of the way by Ryan.

To be fair to the Council and Granada Airport, wwith Spain and particularly Andalucia being in the financial mess they are in I'm not really surprised.

It used to be that the airlines paid the airports but under M.O'L's way of doing things it seems to be just the opposite!

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 09/03/2010.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving to majorca the end ov April - 0 posts
Moving to Majorca in april ( santa ponsa) - 3 posts
Blogger.com blogs are being redirected to de-player.com - 6 posts
Marbella to England - 0 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Fees payable to Administrator - 4 posts
Parking Ticket - 1 posts
Costs seem very high to change mortgage to interest only for two years - 2 posts
Car Hire costs in Summer - 9 posts
Message for Justin, your Holiday rental listing - 2 posts
Internet Security - 17 posts
Above Ground Pools - 6 posts
Please please help me. - 7 posts
DE COTTA MCKENNA AND SANTAFE LAWYERS V POLARIS WORLD - 3 posts
Lawyer in la Zenia (Orihuela Costa) - 2 posts
Urbaser (Water Fault) - 4 posts
Guadelest restaurant - 3 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Malaga Terminal 3 Opens March 16th...but... - 2 posts
LATEST ON ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 1 posts
im looking for a job in alicante - 0 posts
More items for sale - 6 posts
Tips on selling property - 5 posts
Richard_Quest@rocketmail.com - 6 posts
Air conditioning - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x