DE COTTA MCKENNA AND SANTAFE LAWYERS V POLARIS WORLD

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Mikey2009 Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted last but with the situation with Polaris World we have lost a little heart. Still affter numerous emails and telephone calls we are no further forward, No response at all from Polaris so now we are going down the legal route witha lot of apprehension. It is hard to trust anyone involved in the property market in Spain. So many false promises and lies.

Anyways the main issue for us now is to take Polaris on legally. We have been in touch with many lawyers and had loads of contact from others who want to assist us but we are looking at DECOTTA LAW(DE COTTA, MCKENZIE & SANTAFE)

Has anyone at all used these lawyers and what has been their experience.

We need to move on this now and all information would be most welcome.

Michael 

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 10:39 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Michael

Why have you selected DeCotta and which office are you dealing with and who will be your contact?

My view of DeCotta is that they are a mixture of English solicitors/barristers and then Spanish abogados. English clients tend to deal with their English speaking solicitors but behind the scenes it would appear the work is being done by the Spanish abogados and this can lead to confusion and communication issues. 

In terms of getting hold of them they seem to be ok whereas for some Spanish lawyers that in itself can be a major problem

Good luck in what will more than likely be a long battle with no guaranteed outcome!

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 1:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It might be an idea to check on the Polaris forums and see who else others are using and if anyone has had any success in retrieving money yet.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Mar 2010 2:21 PM by nicolaraho Star rating in Surrey and Mar Menor.... 90 posts Send private message

I have an outstanding lawyer based in Murcia who has represented us for 4 years and very succesfully. I am now an owner on Polaris Mar Menor 2 and they deal with a number of Polaris clients. PM me if anyone is interested . 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lawyer in la Zenia (Orihuela Costa) - 2 posts
Urbaser (Water Fault) - 4 posts
Guadelest restaurant - 3 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Malaga Terminal 3 Opens March 16th...but... - 2 posts
LATEST ON ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 1 posts
im looking for a job in alicante - 0 posts
More items for sale - 6 posts
Tips on selling property - 5 posts
Richard_Quest@rocketmail.com - 6 posts
Air conditioning - 9 posts
Hi does anyone live in the costa de le luz - 2 posts
chasing rental enquiries - 4 posts
Resident or fiscal resident? - 6 posts
Working in spain for a while need Broadband? - 19 posts
My hobby - 3 posts
Cheapest beer in Spain? - 27 posts
How to find the cheapest petrol/diesel prices in your area - 6 posts
Is there anyway the buyers can get out of the private contract to buy my house? - 2 posts
Car exchange - UK car for left hand drive spanish registered. - 1 posts
A picture paints thousand words...Chlilean Earthquake 27 Feb. - 3 posts
Babies & Tots Group - Villa Martin Area, Costa Blanca South - 0 posts
Spanish recipes - 2 posts
Telefonica Wireless Ruter Inalambico - 9 posts
Malaga Appeal Court keeps favouring Consumers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x