OPI RENTALS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by coveta Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Are there any other landlords around the El Campello area of Alicante using the franchise branch of OPI Rentals?

Briefly my son, in all good faith, contacted this company about renting his townhouse out in Rio Park. A tenant was found and although the rent was paid late it was paid, but then the payments ran into arrears. Despite many emails te OPI branch failed to respond, until I visited the office on my sons behalf and spoke to Mr Oates. When the tenancy ran out, the tenants wanted to renew and OPI signed the contact on my sons behalf for a further 11 months. We kept asking for the insurance policy from Parador and the new signed contract, it never arrived.

I had heard rumours that the company was in difficulties so I phoned Mr Oates and he was very angry and assured me that the company was not in trouble. A few weeks later, after lots of emails not responded to and Mr Oates not responding to calls, I contacted the head office. Spoke to a very helpful senior manager and he said that Mr Oates had given up the franchise. The tenants rent is due in March and we have no idea where it will go. Mr Spence from the head office is doing his best to sort this out. Does anyone know if OPI have a legal duty to service this rental contract until the end of the tenancy as they signed the contract on my sons behalf?

Like 0      
11 May 2011 6:23 PM by artslet Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, first sorry for my english. Then i tell you my experience.We rent a house for end year and the hous hasn't hot water, the electricity turns off with 2-3 electrical appliance, and the tv signal was poor. They try to fix this but they couldn't after two days coming and going out. So we end the year almost everyone with fever because the cold. Whe we reclaim an discount because we didn't have all the services, the mock us and ignore us.

They have a poor coustomer treatment and they will suck all your money. I advise not contract this company.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

awnings-toldos - 1 posts
MANILVE LIFE ?? - 1 posts
Repsol online gas bills - 1 posts
I need a quick sale for house in Vera Playa. - 1 posts
Returning to England due to sick father. Needs quick sale. - 0 posts
4 bedroom house for sale in Vera Playa, Almeria - 0 posts
Need to sell my Aunty's house quickly help! - 0 posts
Roof tilers in Campodi Gibraltar area - 4 posts
shutters for living room window on Mar Menor 2 - 0 posts
Office Furniture For Sale - 2 posts
Developers Gurantee - 1 posts
Parking in Benidorm. - 3 posts
Message for Alex03 - 0 posts
Legal rights of a tenant in Spain - 7 posts
Sky Tv - 4 posts
Checking for car fines - 0 posts
Buganvillas Sol Developer refuses to refund deposit - La Marina - 0 posts
what is position on tax when you sell - 8 posts
tax re diff between what was paid and his valuation - 3 posts
Iberdrola electricity tariffs - 7 posts
Estate Agents and Developers Reviews - 2 posts
Proceeds from House Sale - 10 posts
Somport tunnel - 4 posts
strictly come dancing in the costa del sol - 0 posts
Help/work/driving offered in exchange for accomodation - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x