Legal tip 748. Basics of Spanish Law (3)
23 April 2012 @ 10:10
Administrative Law: Law governing Public Administration
Public Administration is submitted to Administrative Law both when different bodies of the same are relating to each other and when relating with individual citizens
Main principles governing acts of Public Administration in Spain are:
- Service to general objectives of State
- Effectiveness, hierarchy, decentralization, unconcentration, coordination and rule of Law
Among their main duties:
- Effectiveness and efficiency
- Service to citizenship
- Good faith and legitimate trust
- Transparency and participation
Contencious administrative Courts apply Administrative Law
Administration is liable and citizens need to be compensated if they are damaged by Acts of the same unless force majeure events. Deadline to start the claim against the administration is of one year.
"Atardecer en la playa de la Punta del Caimán (Isla Cristina)", Isla Cristina, Huelva, Spain, by Huahe, at flickr.com
Please leave a comment about this post. You don't have to be registered to leave a comment.